Information Security Officer Training
The demand for Security Officers is currently much larger than the supply. Eurofins Cyber Security has developed a program together with the Dutch IT Academy Noord Nederland to close this gap. After one year of training you will be a qualified Security Officer.
Please note that the lectures will take place in Groningen, Netherlands.
Responsibilities of the Security Officer
As Security Officer you work on:
- Developing a strategy to manage the security risks of the organisation.
- Drafting policy to implement the strategy.
- Promoting security awareness to the employees.
- Testing compliance with organisational and technical security guidelines.
- The registration and handling of security incidents.
The importance of IT
The importance of IT within this responsibility is increasing. A combination of communication skills with a technical and theoretical background is therefore essential. This combination plays a key role in the program. Participants acquire a wealth of new knowledge and skills and develop a critical attitude that helps to align the information security policy with the needs of the organisation. We regularly reflect on current developments and pay extensive attention to reporting and presenting on the status of the level of information security to various stakeholders of the organisation.
What makes this education unique?
- During the lessons and on-the-job you learn to apply new knowledge and skills in daily practice.
- Develop communication skills and presentation techniques.
- Learn how to implement and assess information security.
- Learn with and from fellow students from various organisations and backgrounds.
- Become part of a relationship network.
- Gain insight into the developments in the international field of information security.
- Gain theoretical knowledge to contribute to this.
Duration and content
This is a one year training in which you attend a weekly lecture on Fridays from 9am to 5pm in The Netherlands. There will be 35 lectures in total. We estimate a 4 hours per week study load, excluding the lectures. Topics covered in the training are information security, risk management, governance, auditing, cyber security and security awareness. Each participant is accompanied and coached by an experienced Eurofins Security Officer. The CISM exam training is also part of the training.
Direct registration is possible via the website of IT Academy Noord-Nederland.
Looking for something else? Find a list of all the trainings we provide here.