Thank you for visiting our website. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which Eurofins’ website users' (“you”) personal data provided through Eurofins (defined below under controller information) web forms will be processed by Eurofins.
Please read the following carefully to understand Eurofins practices regarding your personal data and how Eurofins will treat it. If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you want to lodge a request in relation to your personal information, please contact us via our contact point:
The Data Protection Officer, Eurofins Digital Testing, Kempische Steenweg 303, 3500 Hasselt, Belgium
The person in charge of the control of any information obtained through this web form (referred hereinafter as the “controller” or “Eurofins” or “we”) is: The Data Controller, Eurofins Digital Testing, Kempische Steenweg 303, 3500 Hasselt, Belgium
We collect the personal information which in requested in our web forms and that you agreed to give us.
Such personal information usually consists of:
- data about your identity such as your form of greeting, your last name, your first name;
- data about your occupation such as the name of your company and the title of your position;
- information on how to contact you such as your e-mail address, your professional direct phone, your professional direct fax, your mobile phone and your postal address;
- data about your communication preferences such as the language and channel to be used;
- data about your business interests.
You should only give us the personal information requested in the web forms and if you do not agree to provide us with this information, you must not fill in the web forms. However, if you want to enter into a business relationship with us, you should provide us with the information necessary to enter into the relevant contracts and perform the relevant services.
We also use the user-behaviour tracker tool available on our CRM software (e.g. MailChimp) enabling us to know for example if you opened a newsletter or clicked on a link in order to optimise the content of our newsletters and their usability.
We may use the information we collect through the web forms for the following purposes:
- Contact you in any means;
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys and promotions by Eurofins or our affiliates (including by sending you marketing communications and newsletters);
- Give you the possibility to attend seminars and trainings;
- Process, evaluate and respond to your requests and enquiries (including quote requests, documentation requests, free tests requests ), inquiries and applications (including for volunteer testings);
- Create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- Provide investor and customer services;
- Evaluate your interest in employment (including current or future job positions) and contact you regarding possible employment;
- Enter into a business relationship with you;
- Ensure customers satisfaction through sending customers surveys;
- Comply with laws and obligations we are subject to;
- Maintain our software (including but not limited to bug fixes);
- Gathering statistics on your responsiveness towards our emails;
- Be able to make your rights described below exercisable.
We also may use personal information for additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection if any.
In order to process your personal data, depending on the situation, we rely on:
- our legitimate interests (not for sensitive data), being
- ensure performance of a contract entered into with your employer;
- reply to your orders and inquiries;
- recruiting of candidates to fill in any of our present or future job vacancies within one of the companies of the Eurofins group;
- prevention of fraud;
- direct marketing;
- the necessity for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- transfer of information within the group for administrative purposes;
- maintenance (including but not limited to bug fixes) of our database.
- legal obligations (regarding sensitive data, only legal obligations in the field of employment and social security law);
- contract performance, including the continuous improvement of the services provided under such contracts;
- your consent.
5 If you give us your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose, can you withdraw it afterwards?
Yes, you can withdraw your consent in full or in parts at any time by changing your preferences through a link provided in all emails footer or by contacting our contact point indicated above.
Your personal data might be transferred to any Eurofins affiliates (which can be found at https://www.eurofins.com/). We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you to third parties except as described below:
- to trusted businesses or persons to process your personal information for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations;
- to service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf;
- to companies, organizations or individuals outside of Eurofins if we have a good reason to believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- execute and enforce contractual terms;
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Eurofins, our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings;
- to third parties as part of a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy, in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
Your personal data might be transferred outside the EU in case one of the recipients stated above is located outside the EU and only to countries for which:
- the European Commission has issued an adequacy decision (which guarantees that an adequate level of protection of personal data is offered in that country);
- you have given explicit consent;
- appropriate safeguards have been provided, such as standard data protection clauses.
You have the right to ask for:
- accessing your data;
- rectifying your data;
- the portability of the data you provided to us;
- restricting the processing of your data;
- erasing your data.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your data and to complain to the relevant national data protection authority in case these rights are not complied with. An overview of the national data protection authorities is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
9 How long will we keep your data for?
Your personal data will be stored for a limited period, determined with regards to the necessity to keep them in order to serve the purposes for which they have been collected and processed, as listed above.
- Contact details of existing customers: 5 years post end of customer relationship
- Purchase history of existing customers: 5 years post end of customer relationship
- Contact details of potential customer: 2 years post-campaign
- Employment history of Unsuccessful candidates: 12 months post-campaign
- Employment history of successful candidates: 5 years post-employment